Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU Storage?

2006-08-18 06:38:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU Storage?
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 06:38:47 -0400
I'm working on architecting a new backup solution here, which will undoubtedly
require Disk Staging to accommodate faster drives (LTO3 or DLT-S4.)  I'm sure
this is a common way to get around the limited bandwidth associated with copper
network connections.  Anyhow, how big is everyone's DSSUs?  2x Media?  More?
How about your High Water Marks?  I'm thinking something along the lines of 50%
high water mark with DSSU's 2x Media (compressed.)  Also, lets say your DSSU
gets up to 40% when the backup window finishes, is there a setting to flush
this after a certain amount of time?  I'm installing 6.0 for the first time
here shortly, so all the new features are presently a mystery to me.

TIA,

-Jonathan