Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU Storage?

2006-08-20 21:53:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU Storage?
From: pcd at xinupro.com (Peter DrakeUnderkoffler)
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:53:23 -0400

I will absolutely agree that DSSUs are no where close from being fully
mature.   About your failures, what is the SUG policy, failover, least used
or priority?  As far as going over the HWM, what does 90% work out
to when taking into account the fragment size?  I've run into a situation
where instead of queuing the job or failing with no available storage units,
I got 129's when the next unused DSSU in the SUG already had active jobs
and the additional pushed it passed it's allowed limit.

I've been wrestling with DSSU type functions in NBU since using
Vault as the phase 2 solution, so the process has made some good advancements,
but it still required a good level of over engineering when it comes
to available resources still as when it gets close to those limits, it
becomes unstable in my opinion.

Thanks
Peter

Peter DrakeUnderkoffler
Xinupro, LLC
617-834-2352

Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

National Australia Bank Ltd - ABN 12 004 044 937
This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please
immediately notify us at postmaster at nab.com.au or by replying to the sender,
and then destroy all copies
of this email. Except where this email indicates otherwise, views expressed in
this email are those of
the sender and not of National Australia Bank Ltd. Advice in this email does
not take account of your
objectives, financial situation, or needs. It is important for you to consider
these matters and, if the
e-mail refers to a product(s), you should read the relevant Product Disclosure
Statement(s)/other
disclosure document(s) before making any decisions. If you do not want email
marketing from us in
future, forward this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line to
Unsubscriptions at nab.com.au in order
to stop marketing emails from this sender. National Australia Bank Ltd does not
represent that this
email is free of errors, viruses or interference.