Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] only temorarily de-commissioning a media server

2006-03-13 11:42:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] only temorarily de-commissioning a media server
From: Judith.Gordon AT sprint DOT com (Gordon, Judi [IT])
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:42:11 -0600
Hi everyone,
You can try setting/creating the timeouts similar to what I use below on
your master and other media servers.  I backup approximately 16 to 20
terabytes of data each night and I have to have extended timeouts so
clients don't fail due to long waits in queue for a drive. After making
the changes you will need to run
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/./bprdreq -rereadconfig

You may need to run the rereadconfig several times, and it may still
take stopping and starting the Netbackup services before it to take
effect.

CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 1800
CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 300
LOCKED_FILE_ACTION = SKIP