Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] only temorarily de-commissioning a media server

2006-03-13 11:02:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] only temorarily de-commissioning a media server
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:02:49 -0700
What I've done in the past is just change any policy using a storage unit for
that media server to use a different one.   Later, I just changed it back.  You
can also set the available drive count for that storage unit to 0 & do a
"bpschedreq -read_stu_config ".  It's supposed to work to reread the storage
units but I've had limited success with that.

If there's a risk to the media server's filesystems, you might want to move
their media db (bpmedia -movedb) to another media server.

-M