Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Decommission

2006-03-06 02:13:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Decommission
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:13:44 -0000
Hi
Well back in the 3.4 days I had to do this...... From memory I done roughly
the following AFTER I don't a complete FULL CATALOGUE Backup of the Server
and had a Full Backup of the Media Server root drive

1) Media for this decommissioned Media Server to be related to the Netbackup
Server
2) Ensure your catalogue backup has no reference to this media server
3) update storage units from ALL policies that used this Media Server
4) Physically REMOVE the Media Server from Netbackup, but DO NOT uninstall
the software on the server yet!!!
5) Change / amend / reconfigure Netbackup so it knows nothing about this
Media Server
6) Wait maybe a few days or so ensure Netbackup behaves (this is optional
step but its what I done)

You will need to use BPMedia to move the tapes from the old server to a new
one (or current)

The MOST IMPORTANT step, is to ensure Netbackup knows nothing more about
this Server before you uninstall or remove it from the physical box!

Hope this is of some help! I don't think I missed anything out !!

Simon Weaver
Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium
Tel: 02392-708598

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium.eads DOT net