Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Nemanja-Backup network problem

2006-03-02 13:09:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Nemanja-Backup network problem
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:09:36 -0500
If the client has an (back end) interface on the same subnet as the
media server, since backups are not session based, the client should, by
default, without any additional intervention, use that interface to talk
to the media server, even if the request goes to the front end of the
client.

If the back-end interface isn't on the same subnet as the media server,
a static route should take care of it.

Restores would require the media server talking to the backend interface
of the client in order to use that interface, however.

Paul