Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL vs. Disk based backups

2005-12-02 08:13:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL vs. Disk based backups
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:13:51 -0500
Gotcha.
Yeah, as I mentioned, I'm using DSSU for a couple of small WAN connected
clients on the East and West coasts, and a couple Regional Presence
Offices in between.
Definitely great for that.
I do an incremental every day to DSSU, synthetic fulls once a week, and
then a FULL once a month...again to DSSU.
The FULLs take about 24 hours for < 20Gig of data...no way I could tie
up a tape drive for that.

I've got a couple TB on w2k boxes.....one resource (virtual server on
w2k cluster) with 900 gigs of data went from a 13 to 8 hours for a full
when we moved the data to SAN disk.

Paul