Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Seeking painless way to stop automatic jobs from launching

2005-07-18 13:26:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Seeking painless way to stop automatic jobs from launching
From: jfielden AT Magma-DA DOT COM (Joshua Fielden)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:26:58 -0700
Jim VandeVegt wrote:
> Is there an easy way to prevent NetBackup (5.0 MP1 in my case, Solaris
> master, mixed media servers) from launching any backup jobs but
> retaining all communication channels needed to perform administrative
> and configuration tasks between the master server and media servers?
>
> I've often read and periodically used "terminate the request daemon"
> accomplishes this, but with the master not listening to the bprd socket,
> media and administrative servers can't get to first base.
>
> It seems there ought to be something easier than making each policy such
> that it won't launch.
>
> (Basically, I have some configuration issues I want to fix and I'm now
> running my backup window. I don't want anything to launch until I'm done
> with my work.)

bash-2.05# cat /opt/openv/scripts/snippets_and_templates/inactivate_class
#!/bin/sh
#
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpcllist | egrep -i -v "test">
/tmp/activate.$$

for class in `cat /tmp/activate.$$`;do
    echo "Deactivating class $class"
    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpclinfo $class -modify -inactive
done

exit 0
bash-2.05#

--
"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think 'I know, I'll use Java!'
Now they have two problems."