Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Seeking painless way to stop automatic jobs from launching

2005-07-15 20:27:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Seeking painless way to stop automatic jobs from launching
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:27:32 -0500
--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

* Jim VandeVegt <vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com> [2005-07-15 16:48]:
> Is there an easy way to prevent NetBackup (5.0 MP1 in my case, Solaris ma=
ster, mixed media servers) from launching any backup jobs but retaining all=
 communication channels needed to perform administrative and configuration =
tasks between the master server and media servers?
> =20
> I've often read and periodically used "terminate the request daemon" acco=
mplishes this, but with the master not listening to the bprd socket, media =
and administrative servers can't get to first base.
> =20
> It seems there ought to be something easier than making each policy such =
that it won't launch.
> =20
> (Basically, I have some configuration issues I want to fix and I'm now ru=
nning my backup window. I don't want anything to launch until I'm done with=
 my work.)

Set global tries to 0 in the Master server host options.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh