Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Seeking painless way to stop automatic jobs from launching

2005-07-15 19:48:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Seeking painless way to stop automatic jobs from launching
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:48:05 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1358653568-1121471285=:80666

Is there an easy way to prevent NetBackup (5.0 MP1 in my case, Solaris master,
mixed media servers) from launching any backup jobs but retaining all
communication channels needed to perform administrative and configuration tasks
between the master server and media servers?

I've often read and periodically used "terminate the request daemon"
accomplishes this, but with the master not listening to the bprd socket, media
and administrative servers can't get to first base.

It seems there ought to be something easier than making each policy such that
it won't launch.

(Basically, I have some configuration issues I want to fix and I'm now running
my backup window. I don't want anything to launch until I'm done with my work.)

Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com Jim.VandeVegt AT PhysiciansMutual DOT com
There is no luck except where there is discipline.

---------------------------------
--0-1358653568-1121471285=:80666

<DIV>Is there an easy way to prevent NetBackup (5.0 MP1 in my case, Solaris
master, mixed media servers) from launching any backup jobs but retaining all
communication channels needed to perform administrative and configuration tasks
between the master server and media servers?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've often read and periodically used "terminate the request daemon"
accomplishes this, but with the master not listening to the bprd socket, media
and administrative servers can't get to first base.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It seems there ought to be something easier than making each policy such
that it won't launch.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(Basically, I have some configuration issues I want to fix and I'm now
running my backup window. I don't want anything to launch until I'm done with
my work.)</DIV><BR><BR>Jim VandeVegt<br>vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com
Jim.VandeVegt AT PhysiciansMutual DOT com<br>There is no luck except where
there is discipline.<p>
                <hr size=1> <a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34442/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs";>Start your
day with Yahoo! - make it your home page </a>
--0-1358653568-1121471285=:80666--