Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL agent any pros and cons?

2005-05-11 15:11:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL agent any pros and cons?
From: Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:11:36 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5565D.40B37720

My boss wants me to write up a paper with the pro's and cons of using
the Netbackup SQL agent. Has anyone out there done this? Any help or
suggestions would be very helpful. We currently have SQL dump to a flat
file and we then back this up to tape but he wants to know if this is
better or should we be using the SQL backup agent instead....
=20
=20
Greg
=20

>>> The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and=
/or confidential intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual ad=
dressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that=
 any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have=
 received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender=
 and delete the material.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5565D.40B37720

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2627" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D343150919-11052005><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My boss w=
ants me to=20
write up a&nbsp;paper with the pro's and cons of using the Netbackup SQL ag=
ent.=20
Has anyone out there done this? Any help or suggestions would be very helpf=
ul.=20
We currently have SQL dump to a flat file and we then back this up to tape =
but=20
he wants to know if this is better or should we be using the SQL backup age=
nt=20
instead....</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greg</FONT><FONT face=3DArial=
 size=3D2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT SIZE=3D2><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
>>> The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and=
/or confidential intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual ad=
dressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that=
 any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have=
 received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender=
 and delete the material.<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5565D.40B37720--