Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL agent any pros and cons?

2005-05-11 17:58:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL agent any pros and cons?
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:58:38 -0500
That's not necessarily a con - it's integrated well with the SQL
Server backup and recovery methods. If you're doing a dump to disk,
even if you can restore the dump to the client from the master server,
a SQL admin must initiate the process to restore the database from
that dump. The agent reduces this to a one step process rather than 2.