Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to use the scratch pool

2005-04-29 11:58:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to use the scratch pool
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:58:29 -0400
My mistake.....when you said "Newly injected" I was thinking
"new"....but you were referring to injecting returned expired tapes,
correct???

You're correct.....expired tapes, will return to the pool they were
previously assigned to, unless they were originally pulled from scratch.

Thing is when my system was setup, all the new tapes were added to the
scratch pool....later, when I added more tapes and realized they didn't
automatically go to scratch, I moved them there manually, so from Day 1,
all of my tapes have been pulled from scratch, so always return there
when they expire.

Paul