Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to use the scratch pool

2005-04-27 16:02:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to use the scratch pool
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:02:38 -0400
Do you have a scratch pool configured??

If no:

Create a new pool called Scratch, or something similar.

In the GUI, go to:
Media and Device Management -> Media -> Volume Pools.

Right click on your new scratch pool, and click "change".

There should be a check box at the bottom that says "scratch pool".

Check the box, click out of the dialog, and bounce the Media Manager
daemons.

Alternatively, I believe you can add the line "SCRATCH_POOL =
<pool_name>"
in the /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf file.

If you do have a scratch pool defined, and the tapes are not being
returned there, looking /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf for a line that says
"RETURN_UNASSIGNED_MEDIA_TO_SCRATCH_POOL = NO"

If so, either comment it out, delete it, or change NO to YES and bounce
your MM daemons.

Good luck....let us know how it turns out.

Paul