Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Two questions from a newbie

2005-04-06 12:44:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Two questions from a newbie
From: kwolters AT medmarkinc DOT com (Keith Wolters)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:44:05 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C53AC7.D897CE38

I have just inherited a NetBackup Enterprise 5.1 environment.  My
previous backup experience is with Legato so I'm having some difficulty
grasping how NB works.  My biggest problem is figuring out from looking
a policy's schedule just what will run and when it will run.

1) Can I create a report which shows which backups (both successful and
unsuccessful) have been run for a given client?

2) Oracle backups are the biggest part of our backup.  In the policy for
each of my database machines, in the schedules section, I see several
entries where the type is "Application Backup".  Each of these has a
start window tab, but has no exclude dates tab nor can the schedule type
be changed.  My question is, how do I control when these application
backup schedules run?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C53AC7.D897CE38

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7226.0">
<TITLE>Two questions from a newbie</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have just inherited a NetBackup =
Enterprise 5.1 environment.&nbsp; My previous backup experience is with =
Legato so I'm having some difficulty grasping how NB works.&nbsp; My =
biggest problem is figuring out from looking a policy's schedule just =
what will run and when it will run.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">1) Can I create a report which shows =
which backups (both successful and unsuccessful) have been run for a =
given client?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">2) Oracle backups are the biggest part =
of our backup.&nbsp; In the policy for each of my database machines, in =
the schedules section, I see several entries where the type is =
&quot;Application Backup&quot;.&nbsp; Each of these has a start window =
tab, but has no exclude dates tab nor can the schedule type be =
changed.&nbsp; My question is, how do I control when these application =
backup schedules run?</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C53AC7.D897CE38--