Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SENSE_KEY codes

2005-04-06 11:53:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SENSE_KEY codes
From: Bill_Jorgensen AT csgsystems DOT com (Jorgensen, Bill)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:53:50 -0600
Milan:

I have a couple of sites I use to try and get an idea. However, the
response to the query seems to be vendor-specific. Look at the
following:

http://www.spectralogic.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support.senseCodeForm&C
atID=247

When I enter just the sense key this is what I get:

Fibre Interface Failure    A device is inaccessible.  This message is
returned by the fibre interface when the library claims the presence of
a tape drive which cannot be found on the internal SCSI bus, and for
which Inquiry data cannot be obtained.  These drives will appear to the
server, but attempts to access them will fail.

When I put in the sense key and the asc I get:

Robotics Memory Failure
Power cycle the library.  If the error persists, power cycle the library
in stand-alone mode.  To put the library in stand-alone mode, disconnect
SCSI cables at the library end and install terminator(s) at out-port(s).

You may have the same type of error code database with your library
vendor.

HTH,

Bill

     Bill Jorgensen