Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] network connection timed out(41)

2005-02-09 15:07:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] network connection timed out(41)
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:07:34 -0500

I haven't done that much research....
I'm just grabbing at straws now to figure out why I can only pump data
into an exchange server @ 16MB/s max....not mailbox level, but just
storage groups.

Same transfer rate over FTP, so it's not exchange, but the box.
Exchange admin claims it was more than twice as fast with the prev
backup solution (Arcserve)

Wierdness ensues when trying to restore over an SG that is still
mounted.....restore runs at about 60MB/s, but no way to verify
integrity.

> Nope but I have a really good relationship with the guys that do.
> If you want to survive as a server admin, you have to be on good terms
> with the network folks or they can make your lives a living hell.

Same here....I'm actually part of the Network Infrastructure team, which
on the whole doesn't get along well with server admins, but luckily I
get along with both.

> I have full rights to just about everything.  I don't manage most of
> those and am very careful about what I look at versus what I
> touch (even
> for NetBackup clients) but I can at least look.  My position
> is rare for
> an organization this size but I'm one of my most senior
> technical people
> here.

I had that kind of access at my former employer, but they weren't as
paranoid as here.
At that place, we had about 50+ people with root access to the entrprise
unix environment

:o|

Paul