Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HELP! dead robot and lots of backups to do ...

2004-11-17 15:46:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HELP! dead robot and lots of backups to do ...
From: bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com (Adametz, Bluejay)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:46:35 -0500
>       Hoping you can help out.  Situation is this.  ATL P3000
> DLT library
> attached to a Sun server via Fibrechannel.  I can no longer
> "see" the robot
> But can see the drives OK.  Until I can get the robot checked
> out, what's
> the best way (or any way!!!) to run the backups "by hand", please?
>
>       I.e. When the device manager window shows pending
> requests, should I
> Use tpreq or use the library front panel to load tapes?

If your server can't see the robot, then you'll have to use the library
control panel to move the tapes around.

So long as the tape drives are accessible, you should be able to get backups
done in this fashion, just as if you didn't have a robot.

                                                - Bluejay Adametz

TANSTAAFL: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!