Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: Disappearing fiber drives

2004-05-11 10:53:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: Disappearing fiber drives
From: bobby.l.walker AT lmco DOT com (Walker, Bobby L)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:53:57 -0500
Hey all.  Got a problem that I need some assistance with.

We have STK 9940B tape drives connected to brocade switches and QLA2310
Qlogic HBAs.  Until we upgraded to NB 4.5, we could IPL (reboot) a drive if
need be and it would reattach when it came back up. TPautoconf would still
show it after the boot of the drive was complete.

When we IPL a drive with 4.5, if disappears from tpautoconf even though the
qlogic adapter shows it coming back after the boot. The OS never sees it
leave.

Has anyone else had a problem with momentarily loosing connectivity to a
fiber drive with NB DC 4.5 FP 6?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby Walker