Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vision!

2004-05-11 10:50:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vision!
From: Steve.White AT PacifiCorp DOT com (White, Steve)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:50:10 -0700
I have to agree with Kate.  I have attended most of the Vision
conferences since 1999 and this one left me wondering whether I'll
return.  Previously the sessions were mostly limited to end-users
getting up and telling their experiences and lessons learned from using
or implementing Veritas products, which I always found valuable.  Heck
back when I was working as a consultant, I wasn't allowed to present
unless one of my customers co-presented.  I always found the sessions
prepared and presented by actual users of the software to be valuable
and they usually had insightful ideas for me to use.  This year I didn't
see many sessions like that.  There were certainly some good sessions,
like those done by the likes of Jim Senika and Bryan Blake, but I think
there were much fewer of them than in previous years.

There have always been the "new features" sessions taught by marketing
folks, but you expected that if you were looking to find out what's next
for NetBackup or VCS.

Hopefully folks got a chance to complete their feedback forms and let
Veritas know what you liked and didn't like about the conference this
year.  I'd expect them to use that feedback to make next year better.

Steve