Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restores only using 1 tape drive

2004-03-22 08:54:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restores only using 1 tape drive
From: Ebon_Nash AT compuware DOT com (Nash, Ebon)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:54:09 -0500
I have used NetBackup for 4 years with multistreaming.  I have never, nor
have I ever heard of, a single restore job automatically using multiple tape
drives.  What should work is kicking of a separate job for each image that
is on a different tape.  That would require selecting different backup
images for each job and verifying that the image is not on the same tape.

NetBackup has never supported one restore job, using multiple tape drives.

Ebon Nash