Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Informix and Veritas?

2003-08-12 16:31:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Informix and Veritas?
From: VNKONNUR AT kcc.usda DOT gov (Venkatesh Konnur)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:31:28 -0500
Hi ,
I had posted the question sometime back but no response. Let me try again:

1. Is Informix 9.3.UC3 compatible with Netbackup -Solaris2.6 3.4patchNB_34_3 on
Sun Solaris 2.6 version.

2. I am still getting very frequently, BAR_TIMEOUT in the log file. These are
just the warnings but the backups are taking long i.e to backup about 500 GB
takes 12 Hours.

3. Multiplexing on the client/server is set to 8. How do I know how many
streams are supported with this Veritas Version.

4. Moreover, there are infxbsa and infx_db_comm files under the netbackup
directory with 777 permissions, but when backup takes place, nothing is written
to these files. What could be the reason.

Thanks
Venkatesh