Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error 31 - 'could not set user id for process'

2003-04-01 04:21:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error 31 - 'could not set user id for process'
From: Imran.a.Khan AT services.fujitsu DOT com (Khan Imran A)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:21:59 +0100
Hi

Has anyone experienced a similar problem:

We have a window 2000 (sp2) Fujitsu server environment backed up using
NetBackup 4.5 with mp2

The master server is clustered in Microsoft Active Passive mode, all servers
have dual network cards - with one connection to the dedicated backup LAN
and one to a public LAN. We have two pairs of SAN media servers which are
also clustered -

On one of the clustered SAN media servers we have VBscript that will call
the Bpbackup command on the SAN media server referencing a class or policy
on the master server which contains a 'User Schedule'. In situations when
the drives are busy the job queues but shortly after fails with error 31 -
'could not set user id for process'. If a similar job is run from the master
server, it continues to queue and re-queue until the drive becomes available
- does anyone have any explanation for this

Kind Regards,

Imran Khan