Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can only see last nights backups when trying to Restore in Java

2003-04-01 05:24:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can only see last nights backups when trying to Restore in Java
From: Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:24:28 +0100
Guys
Site Config: 1 Site has NT Master and NT Media Server sharing ADIC

Site 2 has the same specification as above. The only difference being
location.

We use Netbackup 3.4 Patch 4.

For some odd reason, at SITE 1 we can use the Java Console to perform
restores from any selected Date that is in the Netbackup Database.

For SITE 2, We can ONLY restore from Last Nights backups. If we select any
dates going back to 6 months, we still only see last nights backups.
Therefore if we wanted to perform a Restore via the Java Console 3 weeks ago
we would be stuffed.

If I connect to the Master Server or Media Server directly at SITE 2, I can
perform restores for any given date.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Many Thanks

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.