Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore problem with user id !

2002-06-10 19:27:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore problem with user id !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karunanidhi Subramanian)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:27:21 -0700
Hi folks !
1. I am trying to restore a directory with "Overwrite existing files" option
enabled from Netbackup java GUI on the master server. But I get messages
like "Directory exists already". I've logged in as netbackup (netbackup is
the user id) in the Java GUI. Should I be root to do this?
The restored files have oracle as owner.

2. We are taking weekly full backups and daily incremtal backups. How do I
restore a lost directory? Do I need to restore the latest full backup first
and then all the incrementals available? There is an option in the Restore
window of the Java GUI in the master. "Most recent from the last full
backup". What does that mean?

Thanks for your help.
- Karun