Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Standalone drives: which tape(s) will it need next?

2002-06-11 00:32:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Standalone drives: which tape(s) will it need next?
From: cashion AT sysunconfig DOT net (David Cashion)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:32:41 -0400
Currently using NB 3.4 (looking to upgrade to 4.5) and have a problem with
3 standalone tape drives (yes I know, no robot)...when looking to do a full
backup on the weekend, I use the available_media script to see which tapes
would be good candidates for the backup.  I pick three "full" tapes and
then come in Monday to find that NB wanted 3 different tapes, so the backup
fails.

I know you can use bpsched -predict to see which clients will be backed up
at a given time or vmoprcmd -d pr to see which tapes it is asking for right
now, but haven't figured out a way to see which tapes it will probably want
to use next.

Thanks much,
David