Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Client and Windows 2000 Master

2001-07-12 16:39:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Client and Windows 2000 Master
From: dfairchild AT firstam DOT com (Fairchild, David)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:39:34 -0700
Having a problem backing up Linux (Redhat 7) from/to a Windows 2000 master.

Install the Linux client and made all the changes on the Linux box (xinet
etc.) ports are active and all seems to be working. Added a Standard Class
and included the linux box as type "Linux redhat". Added all names to host
files on both boxes and can telnet to port 13782 on Linux client from 2000
master. Can telnet from client to 2000 master on port 13720. Communication
appears to be fine. These machines are on the same subnet no firewall in the
way.

When I submit a job from the Linux client the job appears in the Activity
Monitor as a user initiated job but fails with an error 54 timed out
connecting to client.

When I start the job on the master the job dies with an error 54 timed out
connecting...

What step did I miss. I read some posts about installing the client software
on Unix masters but that didn't seem to apply to NT/2000 masters.

Thanks in advance.

David Fairchild
Enterprise Consulting Services
First American Corporation