Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Securing the NT Admin Client

2001-07-12 14:42:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Securing the NT Admin Client
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:42:18 -0400
Hello All:

I know how to secure or limit access to a generic Java client,
but can you restrict access to the NT Admin Client?

Are the steps for limiting access different for the NT Admin
Client? I have not seen a login prompt for the Admin Client.
Which ID is checked when I log into the the NT machine with a
non-admin account. Does the HP Master need to have the non-admin
user ID I used to login to the NT machine that has the Admin
client installed on?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Charlie Somogyi