Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 96 errors

2001-07-12 15:35:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 96 errors
From: Ken.Zufall AT ps.bellhowell DOT com (Zufall, Ken)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:35:22 -0400
Roland,

No need to apologize, we were all "new to this" at some time.

Verbose in the bp.conf means that you're going to get even more information
in your logs.  Be cautious using verbose-I've seen bpdbm logs grow to the
2gb limit in ~18 hours using verbose.  In my experience, I haven't
discovered a significant difference between verbose and non-verbose logs-but
then, I'm relatively new to this as well :-)

Now, on to the important stuff:  I'm assuming you've verified that tapes are
unfrozen after you've executed the command-if you haven't, be sure to do so,
this has actually bitten me before.

Were these tapes used before for anything other than NBU?  You may want to
set the ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE options in the bp.conf file-if NBU can't
overwrite the volume, it will freeze/suspend the volume.

If that doesn't take care of the problem, I would simply delete the media
from the NBU databases and reinitialize it.

Ken Zufall
330.202.4113

"It's not the most difficult job in the world, but I do have to know all the
letters." - Vanna White