Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackup

2001-05-08 14:43:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackup
From: gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com (Gregory Floro)
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 14:43:06 -0400
Karl.Rossing AT federated DOT ca writes:
>I'm using Business Server 3.4 on Solaris. If submit a job using bpbackup
>at the command line, how can i tell(via the command line) that the job
>has
>completed?
>
>Thanks
>
>Karl

netbackup returns you to the system prompt after bpbackup is successful.
or use the -w flag to specify a time to wait for a completion status.

you can also have bpbackup write to a progress-log, -L progress_log
[create a directory named "/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpbackup" first.

netbakup can also send email on completion status
add USEMAIL = mail_address in the bp.conf file.

Gregory Floro                            T. 212-502-9475
IT Manager                                 F. 212-594-1709
Photobition NY                           gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
"Press any key to continue or any other key to quit!"