Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackup

2001-05-08 16:19:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackup
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 15:19:18 -0500
I'm using multiple data streams with media multiplexing. Apparently -w is
not reliable.

But if i use -L

I should be able to monitor the file to check for:
Client completed sending data for backup

Then what i can do is use /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror to
check for errors.

What i'm doing is writing a backup script to make sure that the Progress
Database servers are down, backup the system, check to make sure the
backup was successful and startup all the databases. Then i must jump to
another server and do the same.

Fun eh?

Karl

"David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com>
Sent by: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com
05/08/2001 02:24 PM
Please respond to "David A. Chapa"