Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Informix Version 8.21/8.3 on Solaris 2.7 using NetBackup 3.4

2001-01-30 12:30:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Informix Version 8.21/8.3 on Solaris 2.7 using NetBackup 3.4
From: Janis Cichon jlcichon AT hewitt DOT com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:30:07 -0600
Thank you very much for your response Gustavo! Much appreciated!

For the version of Informix we are using (8.21.UD3) LTAPDEV is no longer a
supported config parm.

I have the ALARMPROGRAM set accordingly for this version
(/apps/informix/current/etc/onsyslog.sh).

Our issue is that Informix seems to be backing up the logical logs, but there is
no way to configure where the logs go! We can see in the online log that they
are backing up, but they seem to be going to never-never land.

Here is an extract from the online log reflecting logical logs across co-servers
successfully being backed up:

[05] 15:39:19 Logical Log 5:3 - Backup Started
[02] 15:39:19 Logical Log 2:3 - Backup Started
[03] 15:39:19 Logical Log 3:3 - Backup Started
[06] 15:39:19 Logical Log 6:3 - Backup Started
[04] 15:39:19 Logical Log 4:3 - Backup Started
[04] 15:39:19 Logical Log 3 Complete.
[06] 15:39:19 Logical Log 3 Complete.
[03] 15:39:19 Logical Log 3 Complete.
[02] 15:39:19 Logical Log 3 Complete.
[05] 15:39:20 Logical Log 3 Complete.
[04] 15:40:05 Logical Log 3 - Backup Completed
[02] 15:40:15 Logical Log 3 - Backup Completed
[06] 15:40:18 Logical Log 3 - Backup Completed
[03] 15:40:23 Logical Log 3 - Backup Completed
[05] 15:40:48 Logical Log 3 - Backup Completed

Does anyone know where they get back up to?

Do we need to configure ISM to back up the logs and then use Veritas to sweep
from there???

Thanks in advance!

--Janis