Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup upgrade

2000-11-01 13:45:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup upgrade
From: Steve White stevew AT colltech DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:45:59 -0800
I believe you have to do the "pkgrm" on both master and media servers, there
isn't a way that I know of to push media server binaries from the master,
that only works for clients.

Last time I upgraded from 3.2 -> 3.4, here's what I did (I only had one
master and no media servers).

Stop all daemons.

Run a ufsdump of the system just in case (otherwise Curtis would yell at
me).

Run the "pkgrm" on SUNWnbp and SUNWmmgr answering "yes" to the upgrade
question.

Run the "pkgadd" of the new software.

Check to make sure your startup/shutdown scripts are still okay then reboot
(just for fun).

If you modified any of the scripts in NBUHOME/bin or NBUHOME/bin/goodies,
then make sure to modify the new versions.

Upgrade any clients running NetBackup database agents, making sure to
upgrade the agent too.  In my experience, the 3.2 agents will work, but you
get some non-obvious errors in your logs.

Upgrade all NT clients to 3.4 because a number of us have encountered
problems with NT 3.2 clients backing up to a 3.4 Solaris master.

Steve