Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mac backups

2000-11-01 14:12:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mac backups
From: Donna Nadimi donna.nadimi AT lucasfilm DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 11:12:49 -0800
Alas, I have a need to backup a mac with 70 gb worth of video data.  From
the initial testing I have done, the throughput has been extremely slow.
(about 1/2mb/sec).  I've tried a couple versions of macs, one with 10bt and
one with 100mb connection and they're both pretty slow.   I'm running
Netbackup 3.2 on a Solaris 2.6 server.

Any ideas on how to increase the performance?

Does Veritas have any patches?

Thanks in advance.

--donna

Unix *is* user friendly.  It's just picky about who its friends are.

Donna Nadimi
UNIX Systems Engineer
Lucasfilm Ltd.
(415)662-1956