Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 8 seems to eject tapes when group finishes

2013-07-11 10:37:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 8 seems to eject tapes when group finishes
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:06:16 +0000
We only see that when you share devices.   We have a stand alone backup server,
a small production one, that does not share its tape drives.   That machine
does not automatically unload the tapes, and we are running 8.0 sp2 on it.

Our other 2 production backup servers share their drives, and those machines
automatically unload their tapes after the device timeout (10 minutes).   One
machine is running 8.0 sp2, and the other machines 7.6.2.7.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk
http://www.lsuhsc.edu/ithelpdesk
Twitter: @LSUHSCNO_IT