Networker

Re: [Networker] [Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5

2013-07-01 11:56:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] [Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 11:51:09 -0400
Michael,

I am assuming that others made the same assumption that I did when you said you
were doing these things by script - that you were running a script that kicked
off the cloning (nsrclone) and staging (nsrstage) and then deleting the save
sets.

Both the nsrclone and the nsrstage commands have -y and -w arguments that allow
you to define the retention and browse times (respectively) for the save set
that is being created.

There is also ( I think, this is new in NW 8 ) the ability to create actual
clone jobs via NMC that will pick up save sets that do not have clones and
create them.  I haven't gotten to that yet.  I'm surprised that you are able to
use the clone check box on your group definitions.  I had to give that up back
in the 7.3 days when it just got to the point that NW's self cloning was
causing too much tape drive contention and was actually causing more save
groups to fail than to succeed.

 -Frank