Networker

Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5

2013-07-01 09:59:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 09:55:10 -0400
> Ok, here's a short instruction on how to do it, but this is from
> memory since I don't have GUI access to any NW servers right now :
>
> 1. Choose a client which saves to an AFTD pool, and set it's
> retention to 21 days.
> 2. Create a clone job that runs 2 times a week and looks back 7 days
> (for overlapping, in case a clone job fails). In the number of
> saveset copies on the destination pool, choose 1.

I quite honestly have no idea what you're talking about here. :-) I will
admit to having a simple setup: my clone jobs are accomplished by making a
group; putting a client in it; and checking off "CLONES" in the "Clones"
section, and choosing a "Clone Pool". And that's all I do ... I let NW
automatically run the cloning to tape when the job is done. And the script
I mentioned earlier runs and cleans up the mm db and the disk space.

I don't see anywhere in the group definition to "look back 7 days", nor
"number of saveset copies on destination pool". I don't see those options
on the client definition in NMC, either ...

I will own up to being more stupid than usual this morning, so maybe I am
just missing something obvious ...

>    Choose the tape pool that you would normally use for this kind of
> backup and retention.
>    Set the retention times to the retention you _really_ want, say 3
months.

Where in the job definition do you do this? I see retentions on client
definitions, but not groups ...