Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 8 Advancement

2013-03-14 05:11:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 8 Advancement
From: Mats Atari <mats.atari AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 05:11:23 -0400
Mathew - I'd love to have the graphs and conclusions emailed aswell if possible?

By the way - didn't create any graphs, but upgraded a small installation from
NW76 to NW8 recently, before using DDBoost, the NW8 increased in performance by
the "Optimized read" on the Windows servers, one server went down from 12 to 4
hours in full backup because of that. At the next step I implemented DDBoost
and client direct, that server went down to 2 hours in full backup. So cool....
Not very academic but I could also see in NMC the performance to the DD160
(smallest model of DD) running at up to 2000 MB/s over a 1 Gb eth interface...
Will see if I will have the possibility to access that customer site again and
do more testing and collect som figures for you.