Networker

[Networker] inactivity timeout question

2012-06-05 08:50:27
Subject: [Networker] inactivity timeout question
From: Christian Jurecka <jur AT ADV.MAGWIEN.GV DOT AT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 08:47:10 -0400
Hi everybody,

is there a recommended value for the client inactivity timeout?
I think I´ve read once that a bad value is one of several reasons for
RPC-Errors.

Reason why I´m asking is: Some nights we get a big lot of RPC errors,
especially after our three big groups start. Each of these groups contains 50
to 60 clients (windows and linux), they are scheduled with a time difference of
30 minutes.
Inactivity timeout is set to 60.

The message looks like that:
nsrindexd RPC error: Aborting client connection from "IP-address"; why = A
connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond
after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host
has failed to respond.

Server is W2K3, Networker Version of Server and Storage nodes ist 7.6.3.3

Regards, Christian