Networker

Re: [Networker] Wish List for Networker v8.0

2012-04-26 15:23:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Wish List for Networker v8.0
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:21:34 -0400
We already do this via a savegroup notification script. The subject ends up
being like: "Legato savegroup completion (notice): Oracle. completed, 3
client(s), 3 Succeeded."

Here is the script (you'll have to fix the line wraps)

#!/bin/ksh

BUFFER=/tmp/$$.savegroup.tmp

# Temp Buffer file
touch $BUFFER
while read line
do
        echo $line >> $BUFFER
done

LEVEL=`grep "NetWorker savegroup:" $BUFFER | sed -e 's/NetWorker savegroup:
(\(.*\)) \(.*\) \(.*\), Total \(.*\) Please see group completion details for
more information./\1/'`
GROUP=`grep "NetWorker savegroup:" $BUFFER | sed -e 's/NetWorker savegroup:
(\(.*\)) \(.*\) \(.*\), Total \(.*\) Please see group completion details for
more information./\2/'`
STATUS=`grep "NetWorker savegroup:" $BUFFER | sed -e 's/NetWorker savegroup:
(\(.*\)) \(.*\) \(.*\), Total \(.*\) Please see group completion details for
more information./\3/'`
DETAIL=`grep "NetWorker savegroup:" $BUFFER | sed -e 's/NetWorker savegroup:
(\(.*\)) \(.*\) \(.*\), Total \(.*\) Please see group completion details for
more information./\4/'`

cat $BUFFER | /bin/mailx -s "Legato savegroup completion ($LEVEL): $GROUP.
$STATUS, $DETAIL" email_address_changed_to_prevent_spamming AT ox DOT com

# Remove Buffer file
rm $BUFFER

exit 0

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff        | Fax:   914-460-4139