Networker

Re: [Networker] Wish List for Networker v8.0

2012-04-26 12:42:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Wish List for Networker v8.0
From: Eddie Albert <Eddie.Albert AT CITIZENSFLA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:42:00 -0400
Another feature mentioned to me by a friend that would be NICE TO
HAVE... Have networker jobs put data on tapes based on the expiration
date of the tape. This conserves the media...works best on libraries
where a majority of the tape stays in the silo.

Ex:
Tape expires June 01, 2012 with 1 year data on it, but the tape is not
full.
  May 01, 2012 we should be able to have an OPTION to add 30 day
retention data to that tape.
  May 15, should be able to add 2 week retention data
  3rd week in may be able to add 1 week/7 day data to that tape.
etc...

Semper fidelis et paratus, /ALE