Networker

Re: [Networker] Cant see failure details in networker 7.4 sp2

2010-12-27 07:27:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cant see failure details in networker 7.4 sp2
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 07:25:56 -0500
It sounds like you are running your NetWorker backup server and NetWorker
Console Manager on the same box. In addition to what Mathew said, you
should run your NetWorker Console Manager on a separate box from your
NetWorker server. If your NetWorker server is overburdened and too slow,
you may also need to look at upgrading it in some way or perhaps replacing
it. Without knowing the details of your NetWorker configuration, it is
impossible to provide specific advise.

Since you are new to NetWorker, I would strongly advise you to get some
training on it. Learning backups and restores is a complicated process,
not something you want to do entirely on your own on in a production
environment.