Networker

Re: [Networker] Cant see failure details in networker 7.4 sp2

2010-12-27 18:13:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cant see failure details in networker 7.4 sp2
From: Mathew Harvest <Mathew.HARVEST AT COMMUNITIES.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 09:11:02 +1000
Hey Mark,

Not sure if you have access to powerlink (emc's support website, but when you
can manage to find stuff in there it's a pretty good resource for some of this
kind of stuff, as is this lists archive)

Got this from one of the discussion threads on powerlink. (it had a line "yes"
inbetween the update and quit lines, but that threw an error when I ran it on
my server - given that you are running an "older" version the yes might be
required ... dunno ... I also had to run the nsradmin command twice for the
group to actually abort )

1. Create a file with the following 3 lines:

print type:NSR group; name: <Group Name>
update stop now:true
quit

2. Run the above file through nsradmin:

nsradmin -i <filename_from_step1>

---------

I'd really recommend running up another instance of the NMC on another server,
you'll have to run the nsraddadmin command to alow users on that server to
administer your backup server you'll probably have to add at least two users
and I think the command's should looks something like
nsraddadmin -u system@<new NMC server name>   (probably should be a FQDN)
nsraddadmin -u <user>@<new NMC server name>

once you have that working you can stop the NMC services on the backup server -
will reduce the load a little

-------

I'd also take a really good look at your C drive, windows really doesn't like
the system drive to be full, and if you have networker installed on that drive
then it will be having fairly major issues

Good luck

Mat Harvest