Networker

Re: [Networker] Cant see failure details in networker 7.4 sp2

2010-12-28 08:36:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cant see failure details in networker 7.4 sp2
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 08:35:49 -0500
It sounds like you are running your NetWorker server on a Windows box. If that
server's c:\ drive fills, it will crash hard. Do not allow that to happen.
Clearing up more space or increasing the size of its C:\ drive needs to be a
top priority. It also sounds like you are using staging to an advanced file
type device (your E:\ ) so if that's getting full, it suggests you need to
adjust your staging policy, which you can do via the Networker Console Manager
in the configuration section.

On Dec 28, 2010, at 4:03 AM, markybhoy wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> thank you so much for the replys, youve helped a lot, ive now managed to
> clear some processes that were running, although the E drive (indexes)has no
> space left on it! i will get this addressed with our network guys! when i
> eventually got back in to networker after rebooting the library and storage
> nodes also! however i was getting a read open error, so had to re configure
> the library ie delete it and re-configured all devices, after trying this a
> couple of times it worked and back ups were running away nicely, but as i say
> there is now an alert in the Log tab saying 'index warning : filesystem
> containing file index for client 'servername' is getting full, so this
> appears to be slowing them down although they are writing its just using 1
> tape out of 4 availible drives as a result but i will get networks on to this
> and in the alerts tab its saying 'waiting for more availible space on
> fileystem 'E\Volume_001\AF_readonly' but hopefully once the E drive is
> cleared we will be b!
 ac!