Networker

[Networker] L700 goes offline - never returns

2010-11-23 19:17:48
Subject: [Networker] L700 goes offline - never returns
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT UWS.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 11:16:58 +1100
Hi,
We have an L700E attached to a Sun T5220, that has mostly been working OK.

Last week, the system went offline with the error:

39078:nsrjb: RAP error: No jukeboxes are currently usable.

So I killed off the evil NetWorker 7.6.Build.142 software, cleaned out /nsr/tmp and restarted with the library coming back "as advertised".

Last night, it decided to ruin my evening by doing it again.

This time, no matter what I do, I cannot get the system online again.

I have rebooted the server/cleared /nsr/tmp and Powered off/IPL the library
several times now.

The system will not come up. This library is 50Km from where I sit, so I cannot just go in and get this checked out easily. I am getting someone to check the CAP's are closed, but I am certain they are.

No matter what I  try, we always get nsrjb: RAP error: No jukeboxes are
currently usable

Can someone please let me know if they have had a similar issue.

We used to just run nsrjb -HH when this happened but it is not working for us at all. No nsrjb commands will pass the RAP error.

So, before I run screaming into the night with this frustrating problem,
please help!    I can supply info as required but I am totally stuck.

Cheers.

--
Rachel Polanskis                Systems Admin, University of Western Sydney
ADD Werrington North Campus     (+61 2) 9678 7291  <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT