Networker

[Networker] License question on NW?

2009-11-05 14:30:11
Subject: [Networker] License question on NW?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:26:34 -0500
Does the clock for the built-in 30 day temp server license start ticking as soon as you start up NW? Will it check the install date and go from there, or will it start with the time it was first launched? What about the snode server?

I recently installed 7.5 server software on a new Linux machine and the 7.5 snode software on a new Linux snode, but I've purposely not started the daemons yet because I want to make the most use of our 30 day time window as possible before permanently transferring our old licenses from our older server. As a result, I don't want to start it up until I have enough free time to test it; otherwise, I'm wasting the clock. Now, I'm busy with some other things and won't have time to play around with it for another week. I hope it's not going to go based on the install date because then I've already been wasting the clock!

I'd rather not have to do this, but I assume you could uninstall it and re-install to start the clock over, right?

Also, I have to install NMC, but can I do this without starting up NW first?

--
George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210