Networker

Re: [Networker] License question on NW?

2009-11-06 09:30:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] License question on NW?
From: Alexander Kaasjager <A.Kaasjager AT DATAMAN DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:25:54 +0100
Hi George,

As far as I'm aware, install date is indeed the limit for evaluation. You can
extend your trial time by entering a special auth code for the Server enabler;
this will give you 15 days extra.
(Please ask EMC2 for this code, I'm not altogether sure if it's allowed to send
it to the list). Only the Server handles licensing, not the Storage Node. This
will function as long as there is an Enabler on the Server (I've excluded the
License Server option here).

If the supplied evalution time isn't enough, you can renew it by stopping the
NSR and GST services (Linux: nsr_shutdown and /etc/init.d/gst stop) and
removing the res and mm directories. This means you'll loose all settings and
indexes, but you won't need to reinstall everything.

And the NMC (GST) can be installed on a completely different machine, so it's
not dependent on NW, although the Client component is required.

Good luck evaluating,
Alexander