Networker

[Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??

2009-03-05 10:09:41
Subject: [Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??
From: soupdragon <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:05:49 -0500
Do you have access to the documentation? I suggestyou use this as your first
point of reference - there are worked examples of how to do recoveries in
various situations. powerlink.emc.com has definitive copies of manuals
available for download.

Yes nsrck -L 7 will work but expects the index space to be that of the server
you are recovering - hence the extra entry in the hosts file.

What is the exact error message? - should give both the servername and client
index it is attempting to recover.

To check the media database is intact you can query it for index entries, these
are stored under the server client index.

Does mminfo -c <server> -q "name=index:<client>,level=full" give you a list of
savesets?

|This was sent by julian.barnett AT standardchartered DOT com via Backup
Central.