Networker

Re: [Networker] Format of tape

2008-10-30 01:02:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Format of tape
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:59:50 +1100
On 30/10/2008, at 15:52 , kurianv wrote:
How do I format a tape in Networker 7.2 on windows. That is I want to make this tape almost as good as a new tape without any previous logical label on it. I see an option while labelling the tape where there are two checkboxes one for Manual recycle of tape and another for mounting of the tape. Will checking the manual recycle part solve my issue...?

NetWorker doesn't have the concept of formatting tapes; the procedure in which it labels tapes and updates end of written-tape markers is sufficient to avoid the need to blank out an entire tape.

Enabling manual recycling is used to prevent NetWorker from automatically recycling the tape, even when it is logically available for recycling (i.e., means that the tape requires manual intervention to be recycled).

Cheers,

Preston

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com