Networker

[Networker] NetWorker server move

2008-10-20 04:24:02
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker server move
From: 2dam <ddamico AT UK.MTI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 04:07:46 -0400
Hi Guys,

Our networker server has been moved to a new host with a new ip
address/hostname.

The way this was carried out was as follows:

Stop all of the services on our original server and exported the media
database.
Imported the media database and moved the /nsr/res file and /nsr/index to
the the new server.
started the NW services on new server.
Typed in new licenses in new server.

I know this is not the supported way, but unfortunately this is the way our
guys decided to approach the issue.

Now we have encountered a problem, if we try to run "nsrck -L7 -t" for any
clients NW will not merge indexes as it complains about the fact that they
belong to the old server.  It is also worth knowing that the old server is
now a client of the new NetWorker server.

The work around we have is to run scanner on the savesets we wish to
recover, however is there another way that this can be fixed?

I believe the issue is in the fact that the New Server has a new client ID
and as far as NetWorker is concerned it is like trying to merge indexes in
a different data zone, therefore scanner is the only solution.

Thanks
2dam